Plaza Mayor: The buildings surrounding the square (central square ) dating from the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, when the sugar trade from the nearby Valley of the Sugar Mills and the slave trade brought great wealth to the area . Many of the buildings surrounding the square belonged to wealthy landowners of the city.
When the sugar trade declined and the slave trade ended in the mid-nineteenth century, Trinidad became a haven and little construction work occurred until the 1950s As a result , many of the historical buildings and streets were preserved , especially large colonial buildings in the vicinity of the Plaza Mayor. Today, most of the old houses around the square used to house museums.
Ancon Beach: Lovely tape white beach in the Caribbean coast iridescent Sancti Spiritus usually rightly touted as the finest arc of sand on the south coast of Cuba . It is just 10 km from Trinidad.
Waterfall Javira: For lovers of nature and rivers , about 4 km from Trinidad is a magical corner for you . One can reach this beautiful waterfall taking a walk or renting a bike. We prefer to walk because the surprises one encounters along the way are unforgettable. Cubans come here to cool off as they prefer fresh water to the sea.
Located in a lush jungle , the water is crystal clear , cold and many areas of sun and shade. One can slide as children by smooth rocks of the waterfall, or simply admire its beauty. It is important to bring water and provisions and that there is nothing to buy , you just have to enjoy nature .
Valley of the Sugar Mills: Another attraction of Trinidad or its surrounding area is the Sugar Mill Valley or San Luis Valley , a few kilometers northeast of the city, is a veritable museum of the Cuban sugar industry with 65 ruins of mills , summer house.
Casa de la Trova: It is a meeting place for the younger generations , is located in a building of 1777 that has been restored for popular enjoyment, where regular concerts are held
History Museum : it Located in the old Palacio Cantero , whose former owner was Don José Mariano Borrell and Register a local landowner , is then inherited by Don José Mariano Borrell y Lemus and in 1841 sold it to the widow of Pedro Jose Iznaga Borrell Doña María del Monserrate Fernandez de Lara and Borrell , whose house in second with Don Justo German Cantero , the name by which is known the palace. This beautiful museum shows pieces and historical documents of trinitarian villa.
Museum of Archaeology Guamuhaya : Founded on May 15, 1976 shows eight permanent rooms objects belonging to indigenous communities living in the center – south of the island of Cuba region during the pre-Columbian stage , plus some valuable items from the colonial era , the city and the nearby valleys . It is located in the old Casa de Padrón.